Sunday 31 March 2013

Looking at Books

Looking at Ravilious



I know; it’s been more than two weeks since the last post. Two weeks that have been cold, grey, busy, tiring and stressful. Two weeks of painful aching muscles, two weeks when the only visual interest was to catch up on some books and look at the work of artists that I admire, mainly on nights I could not sleep. I have been looking at the English landscape work of David Hockney, Paul Nash and Eric Ravilious over the past fortnight, dreaming of warmer, brighter days. Days of thinking about, writing about, and making pictures. Not long now…


Looking at Hockney

2 comments:

Mike C. said...

Welcome back, Graham -- that Ravilious image is very good. I really like the creation of depth from a flat landscape image using shallow DOF. Is that your own discovery, or something you've seen elsewhere?

Mike

Graham Dew said...

Hi Mike. I first did this sort of picture when playing around with the LX3 and some photos of politicians in the newspaper - Alastair Darling worked particulaly well I remember...

Graham